The holidays are upon us, and everything seems to be running at turbo speed. This year we are trying to maintain our focus by slowing down and capturing the beauty of this celebration.
I love arts and crafts and this year I wanted to attempt some homemade gifts in addition to some festive party decor. Here is the first creation I made with the kiddos. Simple and fun. Look out for the next holiday post. The Christmas clock is ticking.
- Pinecones: We used pinecones collected on a recent Lake Tahoe trip, but you can find them at a local craft store like Hobby Lobby or Joann’s
- Grapevine Wreath: Hobby Lobby
- Floral Wire: Joann’s or Hobby Lobby
- Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
- Greenery: Hobby Lobby
- Glue Gun: Joann’s
- Metal Star and Chalkboard Tag: Target Dollar Section
How to Steps:
- Wrap floral wire around the top and bottom of each pinecone. Hide the wire deep inside the pinecone wings that look like leaves, close to the center of the pinecone called scales.
- Secure the pinecones onto the grapevine wreath.
- Hot glue moss inside the wings of the pinecones and greenery to fill in the wreath.
- Make a ribbon by making four loops on each side and wrapping with floral wire. Cover the floral wire with ribbon and tie. Tie and glue the ribbon to the wreath.
- Secure the metal star and chalkboard tag.
Thank you for letting us share more Style Revamp projects with you.